Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Baby is getting SO big!!!

Bailee is growing up so fast it makes me want to cry. I just want her to stay tiny! Well she has other plans on her mind. She just all of a sudden about 2 weeks ago decided she liked to walk. (She has refused in the past). Well one night she was really wired and was taking a lot of steps before she would lung for Nick or I. She got up to 6 steps. She is just way too hyper to slow down and concentrate on walking.


Also, the 17th was her FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! My baby is ONE! A whole year! We had a party for her on Sat. and she had so much fun. She wouldn't eat her cake though. She just looked at it and smiled. Then I showed her how to pick it up and she started to eat it, VERY slowly and lady like. I can't believe it has been a whole year since she came to our family. She was so eager and ready to come that she couldn't even wait till my mom got there. They broke my water then when I got to about a 5 they gave me my epidural and I called my mom and told her that she batter get down here. It seemed like just a few minutes untill they checked me and I was TOTALLY ready! And she was comming by herself! The nurse said, " Oh my, it's time! Lets start pushing!" "Ummm, my family is on there way, they will be here in less than 10 min. can't i just not push until they get here?" She said," She would come by herself anyway." "What? I've never heard such a thing. I had to push for three hours with my first." Nurse: " Well she is comming, like now." So they got me all ready as I called my mom and said HURRY! Nick and I were trying to decide how he was going to video and take pictures and help me. They told me ok push. So I did. Nurse: "STOP PUSHING! DOCTOR!!! YOU NEED TO GET IN HERE QUICK!" As she is litterally holding Bailee's head in so she can't come out. The Dr. comes jogging in and franticly tries to put on his gloves and assume his position. Two pushes and she was here. Totally perfect in every way. I called my mom and told her, " You missed it, she is here!" Mom: "What?! We are in the parking lot getting out of the car." Me:"Well, you missed it."


So, in the 10 min. it took for my Mom to drive to the hospital I had my cute little Bailee. And her personality fits her 'rushed' arrival to this world. She never stops going and she is always all over the place and wants to be big like her big sister Codee. She has brought such a warm and fun feeling to our family and we all can't stop kissing, hugging, smiling, and laughing at her. She makes the cutest faces, it helps that she has double dimples.


We LOVE you Bailee Boo!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hey Rachel its Anne. cute blog, I lost your phone # I would have called you to tell you...but I ended up finding another scentsy (it rolled under my couch.) I'll get it back to you; Just so you know!