Monday, September 29, 2008

My little Zombie! Quite fitting for Halloween don't you think?

Yes, that is drool! (Future black male material)








So, I think Codee is growing or something. She has been falling asleep all over the place. I guess it doesn't help that Bailee has been waking her up too early and that she has been sick, and that she is refusing to go to sleep unless someone lays by her at night and for her naps. This kid requires A LOT of sleep in order to be pleasant to be around. Like 12 hours or so at night, and at least a 2 hour nap, better if it's 3. Oh yea, and Bailee takes a 5-7 hour nap every day. I'm not exaggerating. I put her to bed at about 11:30 or 12 and I have to wake her up at around 5:30 or 6:30 so she will sleep at night when we want to sleep. We are definitely not morning people, and those of you who are and want to do things in (the crack of dawn, to us,)the morning know this. It's just not possible, well it IS possible, but it's not pleasant by any means. It's just one big crying fest on Sunday mornings especially. We have 9:00 church and we are almost never on time, forget early! We have to wake the girls up and try to force feed them enough food to last them through the 3 hour church. This does not go over well, Codee is usually in tears and ASKING to go back to bed, "Cuz I'm SO tired!" So the last few Sundays we didn't feed them breakfast at an attempt to get to church on time. We just stocked the diaper bag with snacks. No dice! They were the worst they have EVER been at church and when we were trying to get ready. I have pretty much given up. I don't know what else to do, more like try, cuz nothing works. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh and by the way, as I write this post, Codee just fell asleep on the floor in the living room.(the top 2 pictures) "YOUR KILLEN' ME SMALLS!

4 comments:

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Well, those pics had me cracking up. I wish mine would nap at he drop of a hat. As for suggestions, I wish I had some. I guess that's where they get the sayings; kids will be kids, and I never said it was going to be easy, I only said it would be worth it. Sundays are he worst with little ones. Good luck, at least church wil start later soon.

Pete & Leah said...

I think you should just let them sleep through church. Don't wake them up, just stick them in their carseats with their PJ's on and go to church! It might work, you never know! I wonder what you guys are going to do when it's time to start school! We have to get up at 6:30am to get everyone ready in time(6:30 comes aufully early! Even for me and I like getting up early!)

Jill Land said...

Benadryl?? Is that what you're using? Cute kids!
I like your blog! It reminds me of when we were kids, your family always went all out for Halloween. I'll bet they still do!

heather said...

I love those sleeping pictures! I think my favorite is the office chair. She must keep you laughing all day!