Wednesday, October 29, 2008

October 27th ~Mom's B DAY!~

Codee's movie outfit! We didn't have the camera at the theater to video her dancing. Aw sad.
Monday was my mom's birthday! We won't mention how OLD she is...let's just say, it's old! :) She always ruins any surprises that I try to plan on her b day or mothers day. I planned to not say anything to her that day until i was to present my surprise, so she thought I forgot. Well at about noon she blurts out, "So do I have to ask you?" "Ask me what?" "Ask you to tell me Happy Birthday?" "MOM, YOU ALWAYS DO THAT! YOU ALWAYS JUST RUIN IT!" "Well! It's noon and you haven't said anything!"
A few days ago she had mentioned that High School Musical came out and that it would be fun to see it on 'the big screen'. So I researched the times and everything online, I also arranged for a babysitter for Bailee and checked to see if Codee would be free or if we would have to pay the kids price, ($7.50!!!) She is still free till she is three! So I called my Dad at work and told him that Mom wanted to see it and that we should go. He said, "OK, do you have some tickets?" "Yes." I replied. "It's all taken care of. I will make dinner and we will try to make it for the 7:10 showing."
Everything was going as planned, until, my mom said something about needing to hurry and do her errands so she can make it to the movie. "What movie?" I said. "High School Musical!" She said. "What are you talking about?" I said. "Dad just called and asked me if I wanted to go see it tonight." AHHHHHHH!!!! I didn't really scream. But I did inside! I told her, " What if I already had plans?" She said, "Well then you had better speak now or forever hold your peace!" So I go outside and call my Dad to tell him that he is a pathetic looser for ruining my surprise. He said, "You never said anything about it being a surprise!" "I thought it was understood! Hence all the sneaking and whispering and the thought of a 'BIRTHDAY SURPRISE'!" So he said, "Great, so now she will know that it wasn't my idea?" "Um ya!" Ruin my surprise and then try to take my credit!
So I went back into my mom's room and said, "That was my surprise plan!"
We didn't make it to the 7:10 but we were there early for the 7:40. We loved it and Codee had a blast! We always sneak in some candy and I think Codee had a little too much, cuz she was bouncing off the walls by the end of the movie! She is such a mini Sharpay Evens! She was dancing all over the place up and down the isle, there was only one other family in there so she had plenty of room. She loves to dance and sing and so she absolutely LOVES musicals! It was funny, at the end of one song Troy and Gabriella kiss, so Codee yells, "THEY'RE KISSING!!!" It was quite funny.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Nice suprise! To bad it didn't work out the way you planned. Good try!

the graingers said...

okayk so i don't know how to work the darn thing very good yet okay:) you could help me. i am actually probably going to call you tomorrow.

Jennifer Miller said...

Rach, ya just got to learn how to do it!! AND you know you have to be TOTALLY clear with dad, hints and assumptions dont work with him! Ha :o) Im glad it turned out in the end!

Dancewear By Heather said...

I never heard how you guys liked the movie...