Monday, October 13, 2008

The unwelcome guest!



So Sandy our dog was barking like crazy the other day, so I went to go see what the big deal was and as I oppened the slidding glass door I looked down and saw this furry little friend. Yes, I freaked out, got the willies, and ran to get Nick. He is not a 'kill every virmin like a macho man' man. He said,"What do you want me to do about it?" "Catch it!" I said. "Take it far away from me! Squish it, whatever you want to do, just get rid of it."

Well he did catch it and he put it in a storage tote untill he could take it to a field in the morning. Well Codee wanted to see it really bad so we let her and she said," Mommy, I don't want to hold it." (I have had her hold 'nice' bugs before like rolly pollys and caterpillars) So I told her, " you dont have to hold it sweetie, It is gross hu?" "YES" she said.

All day Codee told everyone what Daddy had caught and the whole story about it. So when My brother Lance came home from work she told him and asked if he wanted to see it. He picked her up and they went out to take a look. He came back a minute later with a soaked shirt.......Codee had wet all over him when she saw the tarantula! I guess it caught her off guard or startled her or something! We all had a good laugh after that! You might not be able to tell, but his whole side is wet.

9 comments:

Jennifer Miller said...

Oh MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I got the chills the moment I saw it!!!!! GROSS!!!!!! I can't stand them!!!! Don't worry Codee, I probably would have peed my pants too!!!!

Kris said...

That is so gross! The other day the kids were up on Bountiful Blvd cleaning weeds for Young Mens and Young Womens and Paige was sitting in the dirt, all of the sudden a rock started to move and it was a big fat hairy tarantula! Paige screamed her head off. I would have for sure wet my pants.

paigey said...

oh my freakin grossness!!!!!! that is so sick!!! i saw one the other day right next to where i was sitting and i screamed so loud and so long it was so so so sick and scary and gross and more!!!!!

Veronica and Johnnie said...

I would have FREAKED OUT! That thing is hugh. Poor Codee.

People said...

hahahaha.. Thats so awesome! i Love when little kids pee there pants... I wish i could pee my pants sometimes!

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Ewwwwww! If I way that...I would have squeeled. I can't believe it was a tarantula! Happy Halloween I say. Go online to youtube or something and listen to Boris The Spide by the Who, it will make you think of this furry friend. Here is a link to that song if it works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8dSBWysmnM.

Andy and Yolanda said...

That little Codee is so cute:) I wish I was there to have seen that one live...

ConnieB said...

Rachel! I saw your blog off Natalies and wanted to say hi. I haven't seen you since you were prego with Codee. Your little family is so cute, that's so good to see. Take care!

Dancewear By Heather said...

just in time for Halloween! It was so funny to be a part of the whole Codee Peeing thing over the phone!