Friday, October 24, 2008

Princess (Codee) Anneliese!!!

It's finally HERE!!! Codee (and Mommy) has been waiting for her costume for AGES! She would ask me every day if she could call Heather to ask how her costume was coming along. Heather thought it was just me calling to harass her, but it really was Codee. My sister Heather has slaved over a sewing machine for many hours because of me. When she was in her High School sewing class she would make all kinds of outfits for me and my little brother and we even modeled them at her fashion shows. Throughout my childhood she would make me various things and her talent got better and better. When I was engaged to be married there was no one else I would have trusted to make my wedding dress. Besides the fact that I couldn't find one single dress that I liked that didn't cost an arm and a leg. So my sister and I custom designed my wedding dress and it was absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
Then, when I found out I was going to have a little girl, who was the first person I thought of to make a blessing dress?....Heather! So with the left over fabric from my wedding dress, she made the cutest little dress for my Codee. And then she made one for Bailee too. She said I better stop having girls or there wont be enough fabric left.
So, this year Codee has really been into the Barbie Princess movies, so I asked Heather (months and months ago) if she would be willing to make Codee's costume, she said yes, but that we would have to wait till the fabric sales came. She has been having morning sickness lately so she got started a little late and she has been working on costumes for the past 2 weeks straight! Codee's, as well as her own 5 kids. They all turned out GREAT! Codee was told that her costume was coming in the mail and that she was going to get a package with HER name on it. She was So excited to day when she opened the door and saw it (after checking several times). She absolutely loves it and didn't want to take it off, EVER!
Thank you SO MUCH Heather for all of your hard work and long hours. We will take very good care of it.

7 comments:

Dancewear By Heather said...

Kaylee says "that's my codee!". I'm so glad it arrived in one piece, I can't tell by the pictures enough to know if it fits her okay. Did it get wrinkled much in the shipping? I'm glad she likes it, and it made it to you safe and sound. Have fun at your party tomorrow!

Kris said...

WOW what a cute little princess! We love it!

Andy and Yolanda said...

Codee's costume is so awesome:) She makes a great and beautiful princess:)

Stjerne said...

Oh my gosh!!! That dress is beautiful. My girls love the Barbie movies too. They would freak to get a dress like that. You are so lucky to have such a talented sister.

heather said...

WOW! That is quite the fancy costume! She is going to be the most beautiful girl at the ball...or at the Halloween parties...

Kimba said...

Wow! Fabulous Heather?

And? That spider wouldn't have survived two minutes at our house. I do NOT do spiders, and would have made Caleb kill it, and I wouldn't have been satisfied until I saw it dead! :) Goes for spiders and bugs of all kind, actually. If they're in my house, they die.

Cami said...

She looks adorable!